I'm home!! We had a great few days in Texas with my family but it is so nice to be back home to my family who stayed behind.
And to top it off...it's my BIRTHDAY!
And Ya'll, my family is so sweet to me.
I woke up to a yummy smoothie and lots of hugs and kisses.
And the dining room decorated with piles of presents!
And Ya'll, my family is so sweet to me.
I woke up to a yummy smoothie and lots of hugs and kisses.
And the dining room decorated with piles of presents!
Mally wanted me to open her's first. She wrapped it herself and planned far ahead of time what she wanted her daddy to get from her. Chicken Poop Chapstick....my fave. Have you tried it yet?
Look at my new pocket knife! Do you need me to open something for you? Cause I can.
I love this picture! It proves I really am his mother.
Me and my sweeties. Do you see that shiny pot? It's a pressure canner!! And lots of new canning jars...and a food processor because we broke ours...and notebooks...and 2 new books.
And the good news is that our A/C should be fixed on Monday and I can put that canner to good use.
And I'm sooo excited ya'll. Because I have loads of cucumbers that need my attention and 1/2 gallon canning jars and I've never used that size before.
I know. Don't even say it.
So then my man and kiddos had black belt class today and Jes and I had the neat opportunity to work with Church On The Streets (COTS).
We served up 160 hot dogs, chips, beans, and potato salad and met some new friends.
Including this cutie pie. I carried him around, serving with my other hand, and listening to people tell their stories. Definitely gonna do this again! And again. And again.
Then guess what? My son drove all this siblings home from TKD all by himself while Honey and I went to lunch. I've never been so glad to get that phone call saying they were all home.
Grandma, Grandpa, Meg, and Ethan came for supper. Burgers (thanks Dad and Mystic!) and fries and chocolate cake. Golfing, swimming, gardening, and talking each others' ears off.
And now its quiet. Meg and Ethan took 3 kids to spend the night.
The rest of us prayed for Lane who leaves at 5:30am (!) for Florida.
I'm glad she was still here for my birthday.
It's was a perfect day.




4 comments:
I don't know how on earth I didn't know it was your birthday! Happy birthday, precious friend! I'm glad it was great!!
I'm so curious... what is it in the package? It looks like a package of streak! (Not that steak isn't a greatbday present... but still :))
Ok Taleia, don't laugh...its cafeteria trays for my bee hives! You use them to make a DIY trap for hive beetles. I wanted to do it, but figured I'd prolly never get around to actually buying cafeteria trays. Soooo, I was pretty excited to get them. Can you tell? Hahaha!!
Happy birthday, sweet friend!! I miss you!!! We need to get together! I miss you! All of you! Or rather, y'all. I miss all y'all!!!
Post a Comment