....Augh! I meant to post this on my RA blog but posted it here instead. I don't know how to switch it and blogger isn't letting me just copy and paste. Boo. I'm not willing to type it all over again so.....here it is in the wrong place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been feeling so much better these days than I have since I was diagnosed.
And one day...! Get this. I had no pain AT ALL. That's the first pain free day in almost 2 years.
I wasn't perfect. I still had stiffness and that acute "awareness" of my joints. But nothing hurt. It was a good day.
I wish my hands looked as good as they feel. Most days I can make 2 loose fists as soon as I wake up. As the morning wears on, everything loosens up and my fists are tighter.
So many ppl in my house have been sick and I haven't been able to depend on a long night of uninterrupted sleep for a couple of weeks. Still I'm feeling good.
My shoulders and elbows aren't great but aren't terrible either. And they are hurting differently than the usually sharp jab of RA. More of a dull but throbbing ache that usually wakes me up at least once in the night. I still have full range of motion, I just do it slower.
One thing I've noticed is that I'm SOOO tired. No matter what time I go to bed and no matter even if I take a nap. I hate that! It makes me feel old. Actually I feel great in the morning but I'm done by lunchtime. That's a problem. I've read about RA fatigue quite a bit and I've been glad to avoid it for as long as I have.
When I tell ppl how great I'm feeling they usually ask, "what is working?"
Honestly I don't know. I would love to say that 1 green smoothie a day and a handful of supplements do the trick. The fact is, when I was first diagnosed I did everything at the same time. Every single thing that I read might work. Every thing that anybody even suggested that helped their neighbor's cousin. I was so desperate. And while I've not kept up with all of it, my diet and supplements haven't changed too much.
So my answer is The Grace Of God. I'm so thankful for continued healing. I'm so grateful for a God who remembers me even though I am nothing. And I will continue to pray for complete healing and wisdom to know what to do next.
1 comment:
I'm glad things are better.
Post a Comment