Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Little Bit Of Lately

A Happy Sunday To You!

And it's a VERY happy Sunday to me.  Ya know why?  It's DATE NIGHT!!
The first in a long time and I'm really excited.   I have no idea what we are planning yet but it doesn't matter.

Other than that.....
~My family has been sick sick sick.  Josh had pneumonia, Honey had bronchitis, and most of the rest of us had some variation of it.  Blah!  Everyone is getting better now though.

~3 weeks and 5 days until we move!  Yes yes YES!  I'm searching Pinterest for decor ideas for my new house.  Twice this weekend Honey mentioned that he needs to start packing.  I can tell he's excited because he's usually the last one to pack.  Oh we are ready....

~And the week after that is Meg's wedding.  It is all coming together rather nicely.  We did some shopping this week buying fabric, centerpieces, her veil, and some rentals.  We are renting a huge 60 cup coffee maker/dispenser.  Since I can barely work a regular coffee pot, I'm thinking we'll need to practice.
The first bride's maid dress is finished and I'm really happy about the cake.  It'll all be lovely I think.

~I'm needing to try some new recipes.  I'm thinking of a few different wedding/planning opportunities where I'll need to feed friends.

~I bought a new game.  Ding!  It isn't the funnest game ever but it's pretty good.  8 people can play at the same time and even my younger kids caught on pretty quickly. Since it's the only game we currently have, I'm guessing it'll get a lot of play time in the next 3 weeks and 5 days.

~School.  School is going well.  But I find myself getting more and more frustrated with our lack of table space.  It is hard doing school sprawled all over the place....I'm about done with it.   3 weeks and 5 days.

~There's a kiddo waiting in line to play Spore. I bought it for them from a friend of mine.  They love making the creatures and watching them move.   It was also part of my plan to help my kids use the computer more for school this year.  Well, it is in no way educational but it is incentive to finish school in a timely manner with no drama.   

~Does anybody use Switched On Schoolhouse?  I bought the 5th grade History and our video card went out.  Now we have a new one but I'm not so eager to install it.  I'm so intimidated by this, but I think my boys will love it.

~My mother-in-law's b-day is next week.  It's so nice having them in town.  I'm thinking of surprising her with birthday stuff and lots of kids on that day.  Some balloons, flowers, a fun cake, and lunch.   After that...AWANA!  Ought to be a fun day!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds very busy