Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Goodbye Mr. Oliver

Yesterday Honey and I went to a beautiful funeral honoring the life of one of our neighbors.

Mr. Oliver was 86 years old.  He had such a full and interesting life, including being Chief of Police for many years and investigating the assassination of JFK with the FBI.

There were many people there and the pastor noted that at most funerals of older ppl there is a small crowd.  Their friends have passed away.  But Mr. Oliver was busy investing in others until the very end.

He was married to his one wife for 65 years.
He taught Sunday School for 40 years.

Such a testimony to a life well lived.

I came away looking closer at my own life trying to determine in what ways I'm wasting it.
How am I spending my days....hours, minutes.  Am I actively investing in the lives of others or just doing the next thing until the day is over?  What should I be doing differently?




No comments: