I love this picture! Homeschooling at its finest. Lane is teaching the littles history this year and there she is in her "class room" with all her interested pupils. Sweet!
~Whenever anyone asks her about her history lessons she always answers, "I think I like it more than they do!" Teaching is something that she's very good at. 3 times a week she tutors a boy at Union and I've enjoyed watching her learn different techniques to help him learn. She has also been asked to substitute at Union next week for 3 days. Exciting! I've been praying for her and asking the Lord to give us opportunities and show us the way He has for her. Maybe this is an open door.
~My highlight of this week was the ladies' missions meeting at IBC. Those ladies are so much fun! Lane and I went and next month we'll take LB. Of course tonight is AWANA!! So that'll probably be my new highlight.
~Do you have Netflix? I have 3 great food documentaries (if you're into such things). Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, Food Matters, Fork Over Knives. Watch them in that order. I'm even using them for part of my kids' science this year. If you struggle with any type of health issues, you'll want to check it out. So interesting!
~Today my kids discovered the goodness of veggie sandwiches. Lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, pickles, and olives were what was on hand. Now that I know they like it, I'll be sure to have some ready made stuff in the fridge. I wish avocados weren't so expensive right now. I actually ran out of bread b/c they kept coming back for more.
~How'd you do with the September challenge? I did ok. Actually, I'm not even sure I can count it. We still had some company and my schedule wasn't normal. And then on some of the normal days I changed things around a bit and walked in the mornings. My kids were/are doing much better at starting the day lately. Maybe I'll hafta visit that challenge again some month. :-)
Anyway, I'm doing a new one for October. One look at my Discover bill and I noticed that I spent WAAAY too much time in Walmart grocery shopping. Like every other day! Really? Cause it didn't seem like I got out that much. But maybe I sent Eldest. Or Honey. I don't know. Anyhow, my October challenge is to grocery shop only once a week and NO more. So far, 5 days into October, I've been once and we're very well grocery wise. I also have a list on my phone of anything I can think of for the next time I go. Menu planning will be even more important b/c I think preparation is the key.
How 'bout you? Do you have an October challenge?
~How'd you do with the September challenge? I did ok. Actually, I'm not even sure I can count it. We still had some company and my schedule wasn't normal. And then on some of the normal days I changed things around a bit and walked in the mornings. My kids were/are doing much better at starting the day lately. Maybe I'll hafta visit that challenge again some month. :-)
Anyway, I'm doing a new one for October. One look at my Discover bill and I noticed that I spent WAAAY too much time in Walmart grocery shopping. Like every other day! Really? Cause it didn't seem like I got out that much. But maybe I sent Eldest. Or Honey. I don't know. Anyhow, my October challenge is to grocery shop only once a week and NO more. So far, 5 days into October, I've been once and we're very well grocery wise. I also have a list on my phone of anything I can think of for the next time I go. Menu planning will be even more important b/c I think preparation is the key.
How 'bout you? Do you have an October challenge?
~Graduation meetings have started. Can't believe I'll have another graduate in the spring!
~TaeKwonDo campout this weekend! Doesn't that sound like fun? We won't stay overnight but will join in on the daytime fun. I bet there'll be lots of pix.
2 comments:
Love the pic and the update--thanks! What a precious brood. Hm-m-m...I'll have to try that veggie sandwich on my family.
Blessings tonight!
I agree with Wendy.
Post a Comment