Monday, October 31, 2011

A New Salad Dressing


And everyone who tried it liked it!  We tend to be divided over here with salad dressings.  I keep a couple of different ones made up and now we have a new one to add to the mix. 

I don't have a name for it yet, so tell me if you think of something good. 

Nameless Delicious Salad Dressing..... (that will NOT do.)

juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 C oil
4 T vinegar
2 T Braggs (or soy sauce)
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp each pepper & garlic powder

Shake it all up in a quart size mason jar.  And did you know that the lids from mayo jars fit on small mouth mason jars?  A plastic screw top lid is much nicer for salad dressings than the 2 part canning lids. 

This week I'm trying something new.  Salad for lunch everyday.  I never have enough leftovers anymore and planning lunch as well as dinner was becoming too much.  So we chop up the greens and set out lots of different toppings to make a big salad bar.  Everyone seemed to enjoy personalizing their own and making suggestions for different toppings to add.  It's easy b/c even the littlest kids can help with washing and chopping.  Adding tuna, boiled eggs, chickpeas, etc. make it pretty hardy with a loaf of bread. 

No comments: