~Happy Birthday to me! Yesterday that is. And what a great day too. Sweet family, lots of smiles, thoughtful presents, pineapple custard, shopping, lunch with my man, and I even got to see some Immanuel peeps. Good day!
~Frog eggs in the swimming pool! Lots of them. My son went to do some pool maintenance and there were eggs everywhere. So now we have containers of water sitting around the house waiting for little tadpoles to make their appearance. Honey suggested dumping them into the goldfish pond....free fish food right? But it didn't fly with the kids.
~Still not feeling too great. But I can walk in the evenings again. I really don't know what I'd do without my kids. Nothing would ever get opened that's for sure! It has helped me to think through some organizing tips in the kitchen. Today I had Lane juice 8 lemons for me in the blender and we have a quart of lemon juice in the fridge. That will be a lot easier for me than squeezing lemons one at a time when I need them. Meg has done all the grocery shopping for the past week or so. What will I do when school starts??! I'm getting spoiled.
~We just ordered Eldest a Discover card since mine always seems to be in her purse. I got a new design while I was at it. Pink monogrammed! Why doesn't every credit card let you customize? Now I can't wait for it to come in the mail. Of course now I need a new wallet to match! Just kidding Honey.
~I am re-doing all the kids' jurisdictions and making school plans for the fall. Right now I'm just jotting down whatever comes to mind in the back of my planner. I've already filled up a whole page.
~Get this. For months, I've been trying to make a gluten free bread or cracker that does not have yeast, eggs, or potato starch. I've failed every single time. LB gets in the kitchen and whips one out the FIRST time!! And it's a sliceable kind of bread too! Amazing.
~I just finished 2 Samuel and now I'm reading 1 Chronicles. I realized that for the most part I've been reading my Bible in a study sort of way and less devotionally. :(
~I'm packing up the coffee pot. Since Honey's kidney stone, he's given up tea so that means the coffee pot has nothing to do. I plan to clean it up and store it in the boys' closet until somebody comes over who drinks coffee.
~This summer I'm trying to work on my Flylady routines.
~We get to see some friends from CO next week!! OH I'm excited! It's been way too long.
Today's meals...
Breakfast - cereal. Now we make 2 different ones. Jes makes the regular granola and LB makes a gluten free vegan one.
Lunch - Wordless bean soup and cornbread. Heads up to my VBS friends who haven't made your's yet...the spice packet is too sweet! Bean soup should not be sweet. Dump it out and use the beans for something else.
Dinner - Burgers for kids and a new bean burger recipe from Amy. I'm excited about this one. Oven fries, broccoli, and salad.
Snack - popcorn! I just re-discovered popcorn. There have been so many years that we either had babies or kids with braces that couldn't eat popcorn and I kinda forgot about it. But it's super easy and cheap and everyone likes it. Besides it's fun watching it pour out of the hot air popper. Portion it out in coffee filters and there's hardly even a mess to clean up. Most likely this will become a little boy's newest jurisdiction! :)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness!!! Happy birthday, sweet friend!! So sorry I didn't know!!! So glad you've ot that family to spoil you rotten. ;) Hope you keep celebrating all week.
Laura Beth is a master chef!! I am so happy that you now have bread!
Mich
Post a Comment