Monday, July 18, 2011

Miscellaneous Monday

And it's actually a real Monday this time!

~Well it looks like my nephew can't come spend a couple of weeks with us as planned. Huge disappointment. It would've been FUN. But school starts too early now. Where has the summer gone?

~Speaking of school. This year I'm doing some new things. For one, I'm gonna have an official first day of school...just for fun. Schooling year round never has a *first* day ya know. But I'm planning some fun surprises and a party too! I guess it's time to get out the calendar and actually pick a first day.

~Baby boy fell asleep on the couch about 5:30 and is still out! What to do? Carry him to bed or let him sleep on the couch?

~My anniversary is this week! 23 years. I love you Honey.

~Before school starts in the mornings I've been having everyone report to the kitchen for a quick cooking job. This has made things so much easier. It may be cutting carrot sticks or cantaloupe. It may be sorting beans. It may just be freezing leftovers. Little things, but it's making the kitchen run smoother and we're all working together.

Today's meals...
Breakfast - cereal and strawberries
Lunch - pb sandwiches and carrot sticks
Dinner - I haven't re-named it yet but it was a new recipe that has pasta with chickpeas and tuna. Pretty good. But I noticed Honey pushing the tuna around on his plate and mumbling something about chicken. So I say, "no it's tuna!" And he decided it was better than he thought. Funny thing is that it was leftovers from last night's date night and he thought it was chicken then too!

No comments: