Monday, April 12, 2010

Today

~We just celebrated the 4th b-day of the 5 b-day stretch.  My little man turned six.  I REALLY REALLY love this guy!

Look how's he's grown!  Oh I miss a chubby baby!  Anybody have a baby to give away for keeps?
A fun day of sunshine, friends, and chocolate cake. 

Funny thing is that when he was little, he didn't like chocolate cake at all!  Now it's his special b-day request. 

~I've been needing some more meal ideas so I checked out 2 books from the library.  One is the Southbeach Diet Cookbook and the other one is some kind of slow cooker cookbook.  Both are ok.  Neither are great.  But I did get a couple of ideas..including a new way to make applesauce.

~8 dentist appts today.  And it seems like we were just there!  Has it really been 6 months? 
Everyone is taking school work to do in the waiting room.  Eldest and the littlest kids will go first, then I will run them home and come back to wait for the bigger ones.

~I'm adding fill-in-the-blank Bible studies to the list of things I don't do very well. 

~I woke up this morning feeling like life is tangled mess.  I don't like mess.  And it'd be nice to just untangle it and know the outcome.  But I know that God is good with mess and He is the One to show me how awesome He is as He unravels it little-by-little. 

~Graduation plans are coming together nicely. 

~I need a walking buddy today.  Any takers?

~My in-laws are coming soon.  Like this week.  We haven't seen them since the fall as they have spent the entire winter in FL.  They are fun to have around!

~We put up the pool this weekend.  CRAZY!  It's not quite full yet but the kids have been in and out all weekend.  They come out with blue lips and shivering bodies and huge smiles.

~2 houses in my neighborhood are for sale...anybody?  Both were open yesterday so I took the open house tour.  Fun to see what other people do with their houses. 

~Next weekend: Garden planting! 

Today's meals...
Breakfast - cereal
Lunch - Hmmm, I hope we have leftovers.  If not..???
Dinner - scrambled eggs with spinach, hashbrowns, and fruit.
Snack - strawberry spinach smoothies

2 comments:

lane said...

His baby pictures looks like a mix between Sticks and Zbaby!

Christen E. Krumm said...

I would love to walk and are the houses "cheap" haha!!! Because we still have no mu-laa :)

xoxo,
christen