Thursday, April 01, 2010

Today

I wish I could take some pictures of my new floors!  (Apparently we have some sort of storage issue with pix right now.)   So pretty and so much better than white carpet.  I love them.

~Wonderful beautiful weather and just right for airsofting at the Wings.  Fun day.

~I'm working on the clothes exchange.  There are clothes everywhere!  It is the biggest mess but I don't care.  At least not much.  You see I've been looking at the clothes situation for kids and thinking we'd probably need to buy quite a bit.  So I've been praying. 

I had my kids pull the spring clothes out of the attic and oh my!  So many things.  People are very generous to give us their hand-me-downs and sometimes they are clothes that will not fit anyone at the time.  So I label them and store them in the attic until the next season.  Of course by the next season I have forgotten what we have and it is like Christmas with all the "new" stuff.  I'm so thankful.

Mally is especially loving digging into her spring box.  I also had a box of dolls that I had packed away b/c we had too many out at once.  New clothes, new babies, the girl is happy!

~My mom had double knee replacement surgery today and the word from my g'mother is that she is doing wonderfully.  Praise God!

~Graduation plans are falling into place.  I cry every single time I watch the slide show of Meg's life.  How did we get here already?  So grown-up, so beautiful, and so sweet.  I'm so proud to be her momma. 

I'm happy for all the new things around the corner for her.  But I confess that there are moments that I feel like the rug is about to be pulled out from under me.  So many things will be changing in our family in the coming years.  Good things probably, but different things.  And I'm sorta fond of the way they are now. 

So I'm soaking it all in.  Enjoying looking at the full dining table, her little brother having a sleep over in her room, and her crowded closet.  I love my baby girl.

~It's time to start planning our garden.  I'm looking forward to it this year but thinking that next year will be better since we'll know the yard and growth areas better.  I'm also going to try pressure canning this year...scarry.

~I finished Romans this morning.  Good stuff!

~Typing this up and I just remembered that I haven't posted Eldest's formal pix yet!  Where have I been?!  A weekend blog project I think. 

Today's meals...
Breakfast - Cinnamon swirl
Lunch - Sloppy joes with the Wings
Dinner - Turkey spaghetti and salad
Snack - Animal crackers

No comments: