Sunday, April 18, 2010

Today

Honey has been so sweet to give me the whole afternoon to myself.  He's in charge and I'm in my room being quiet, reading, scrapbooking, thinking, planning for next week, and well, blogging. 

It's been a week of newness, a TON of company, and an upheaval of emotion.  You see a fine young man came asking for Eldest's hand this week.  You can read more about it on Honey's blog.  But suffice it to say, he's all we've ever wanted for her and she's uproariously happy.

As for the other little Taggs, well they are a bit unsure of just what it all means.  And one in particular sheds many tears.  So as the Momma, I'm working on helping them to sort it all out.

It's good.

~Last night we had a big party with Meg's friends.  Lotsa fun and food and games.  Lotsa smiles and laughter and an overnight guest.

~Honey's family is in town!  I always learn so much from my mother-in-law.  She has the gift of knowing what needs to be done and then doing it.  She never says, "Let me know if you need anything."  She just does it.  I love that about her.

~The garden is planted!  And it's even raining.  Wonderfulness.  I'm praying God's bounty over it.   And I'm hoping to try pressure canning this year even though I'm a teeny bit skeered of it.

~I'm reading a new book titled, Fueled By Faith by Jennifer Kennedy Dean.  Chapter 3 and loving it!  I think she's going to be one of my new favorite authors.

~My little ones were in the paper last week!  The photographer from the paper was at story time taking pix and the librarian saved it for me since I don't take the paper.  Fun for the Momma.

~SOMEBODY'S been drinking out my potty!  BUZZ??!!   And stealing muffins off my bathroom counter.  I need to have words with a certain slobbery dog. 

Oh sigh....typing and being quiet and minding my own business here and Honey's phone gets a text saying that his friends are playing b-ball at 1:30. 

NOOOO!!!  I'm thinking.  I just wanna be here and not out there being in charge.  And if he leaves, I'll have to do just that.  And oh, I was looking forward to this Sunday afternoon.  Don't get me wrong,  I love love LOVE being the Momma around here.  But I was hoping for a little quiet time today. 

So I called him, yes I called him from his cell phone to the house phone even though I'm 2 rooms away.  And he's happy b/c he likes playing basketball of course.   He even works it out where big kids are available to take care of the house, littles, and even Meg and her man (b/c Ethan's wisely requested a no-touch or left alone courtship).  

Nice idea, but it doesn't really do it for me since I know that ultimately I would be in charge and I would feel the need to open my door and be available. 

And he comes back here to get dressed.  And the tears flow.  Wow, I was holding onto this afternoon a little tighter than I thought.   But he sweetly says that he'll stay home without even a hint of disappointment in his voice and kiss too. 

What guy I have!! 

And now I'm off to menu or lesson plan or nap or scrapbook or and eat chocolate...because I CAN!!  Thank you Honey.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mine would have done the same thing...it's sooo nice to have a husband like that, isn't it?! :)