Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Meg's Formal

This is the homeschool alternative to prom.  All the juniors and seniors, along with their parents, dress up fancy and go out to dinner and bowling.  No dates, no drinking, no immodest dresses, or inappropriate behavior.  Just clean and fancy fun!

First...the dress.  Meg has had this in mind for over a year now.  We actually shopped for this in CO!  Time was running out and there still wasn't a dress in sight.  Then my friend, Alison, came to the rescue.  She had the perfect dress!  Sooo pretty. 
Meg and Emma

Meg and Bekah.  Aren't they lovely?
Nana and G'pa gave us some money for sparkly accessories.  Thank you G'pa and Nana!

All the girls!

And the guys!

Yummy dinner pix...


Don't you love all the smiles?

Then off to bowling!  Some of us changed clothes (like me!), and some didn't. 

Fashionable footwear at it's finest.

I actually have my very own ball with my name on it!  I haven't bowled in like 20 years but I guess I was keeping it for just the right time...like this!  Doesn't it add to Meg's beauty here? 

It was such a fun night and a great blessing to see my girl so happy.
I love you Meg!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

no picture of you all dressed up? ;)
looks like they had fun! I wish someone thought of this when I was in h.s. :)

Carri Roman said...

I love how all the girls are sitting together and all the boys are together. Funny! What a great memory!

LB said...

Did you get a picture of Meg acctually bowling? That would have been really funny!

Meggy T said...

Ah yes Carri, even we ourselves joke about homeschooler segregation at our own expense :P