My 13 year old son wants to work. He wants to feed your dog, gather your mail, weed your garden, wash your car, whatever. He made up some flyers to advertise his business and passed them around the neighboorhood.
Unfortunately, and without my knowledge, he put them into the neighbor's mailboxes not knowing it was against the law.
A few weeks ago he and his sister tried going door-to-door offering their services. That didn't go over so well as most of the neighbors were hateful to them stating they already HAD somebody who did that for them and gave the flyer back.
Now I don't like solicitors either. But never would I be hateful to someone else's child. And it's not like he's selling over-priced cookies or wrapping paper for school. The kid wants to work.
Today as I'm working on school with my daughter, the phone rings. It was a furious neighbor. FURIOUS! Telling me that he's going to have me arrested for opening his mailbox. He didn't care that it was a mistake. He didn't care that I said I was sorry.
And now what do I do? I certainly can't have my son going back opening up people's mailboxes to take them out. A door-to-door apology wouldn't be appreciated.
Just wait for the next call I guess. And stock up on Kleenex.
5 comments:
i'm sorry :( that's rough. Some people have very little kindness inside them. I mean, to be mad at a kid over something like that...
That is just weird. People have NO manners these days!
Sorry mom. :(
:( Pray for them all. That's all I can say that's nice.
I will have to have him over with Meggy and he could work on our yard and car!!! : ) We would love to hire him.
Post a Comment