~Azure Standard is delivering to FSM! Happy for me b/c I will getting my favorite health foods cheaper. I do love a good deal. This month it'll be 60# of organic apples for apple sauce and a case of sucanat..plus a few other goodies...but those are my favorites.
~Poncho died. Who's Poncho? The mexican jumping bean that Mr. Hartsfield gave LB. So Lane took it outside to disect it and see what it looked like inside. No tears shed over this one.
~Lotsa fun at the Safety Fair at Immanuel Baptist yesterday. The kids got to climb in a fire truck and police car, get finger printed, jump in the bounce around, take pictures, eat cotton candy, and win prizes. Let me tell ya, when there's prizes involved and you have 11 tickets, you're bound to come home with something fun. And when there's a cake walk...well, we tend to pretty much take it all.
~In less than 24 hours we will be reunited with our Mabbs! Our sweet CO friends are making the huge long tiring boring drive just for US!! And oh, are we so thankful. One week of wonderful.
~Last night Honey took me to pick out my Mother's Day present. I can't tell ya what it is b/c it had to be ordered and its not here yet and so I can't take a picture. BUT, next week!! So stay tuned....
~My garden is lovely and we're already picking lettuce and spinach.
~My in-laws are here for a couple of more weeks. Today Honey and the 9yo went fishing with my FIL. He's hoping to bring home something for the goldfish pond.
~We've hit the point in life when family dinner is rarely what it used to be. We either have somebody missing or a couple of somebodys extra. I like the extra better than the missing. Sunday always involves extra so I'm coming up with a standard Sunday lunch meal. I feel bad making the company eat the leftovers that the kids rejected all week. Until I change it, it's whole chickens, baked potatoes, salad, bread, and some kind of dessert. Easy b/c I can make it all in the crock pots and have some stuff made in advance. My mom gave me her big turkey roaster thing thats like a huge crock pot. I think I'll be able to get 4 chickens in there if I need to.
~Tonight is church. And the last Sunday night church for the summer. I'll miss it.
~I'll leave ya with this... Meg and Efum...as my little boys call him.

5 comments:
What a sweet picture. How are you holding up mama? That's what I want to hear about! your perspective and the life changes and the joy and the wierdness...if there is any of that. :o) Love to you all!
now that's a good looking couple right there! love the picture! :D
Emily, I was just talking to your momma about yours and Marshall's experience yesterday. I remember that she was so transparent with me and I enjoyed watching the process up close. Now I want to be able to be that for others. Thanks for the reminder! I'll definitely be working on that blog post!
Oh, so much going on in the Taggart household these days! I have lots of comments for you today! First off, I'm slightly jealous that your garden is already producing when we're still getting snow! Our garden planting process hasn't even begun yet.
So happy for Maegan...and Ethan of course. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you all next week!
What's a sucanat? And what's Azure Standard? I want 60# of apples. Or...maybe not. 60# is a LOT of apples.
Guess what? I'm taking the plunge. We've made our decision official and I'm going to homeschool next year. I vascillate between terrified and excited. But I have peace. :) Expect a few phone calls and/or emails!
Love to you all!
WOW Amanda!! And YAY! I always pictured you as a homeschooler. You have soooo much to offer and I'm glad your boys are going to be getting it all! They are blessed.
Sucanat is evaporated cane juice. It's an all natural, unrefined sweetner. It's great to use in most things that call for sugar but is commonly substituted for brown sugar.
Azure Standard is a company/farm specializing in organics and all natural foods (and other products). They are just started to deliver to FSM and are much cheaper on many things that I'd normally buy at the health food store. I wonder if they deliver to Lakewood?? You can check them out at azurestandard.com
60# of apples would make a LOT of apple butter!
let's talk soon...
Post a Comment