Sunday, February 21, 2010

This Weekend

~Alright now.  Only 4 more days until the science fair and then it will be OVER!!  YIPPEE!!  I'm seriously considering baking a cake to celebrate. 

~I got a new watch!  Most excellent because I've never liked the old one.  The clasp was broken and it would just randomly fall off at any time.  I kept hoping it would fall off at the park or at the zoo or someplace when I wouldn't notice it and I would be forced to get a new one.  But no.  So then I hoped that it would die.  I mean it was a few years old and watch batteries don't last that long right?  Apparently they do. 

But then my good Lane comes to me with a rather spiffy watch and asked me if I wanted it.  Well YEAH!  She's had it for a long time b/c G'ma gave it to her and she's not a watch-wearing girl. 

So I told her I'd trade her 3 fish for it.  Today we went to Petco to get some new friends for her fish tank.  And wouldn't ya know it was Adopt-A-Pet day?  It was almost enough to make me give the watch back.  But not quite.  I fell for that Adopt-A-Pet day about 5 years ago, remember?  I do love my Joey...but no more thank you.  I'm happy to report that we walked away with 3 fish and nothing that licks.

~I got a new magazine in the mail and was flipping through it last night when my eyes fell upon a beautiful sight.  A full page ad of Hostess cupcakes!  Oh that photographer was talented.  So I showed it to Honey and he reminded me that we have something very similar in the pantry, thanks to him b/c I was giving him the crooked eye when he picked them up at Aldi.  My man is a prophet, I'm thinking.

So I whispered in his ear that we could share cupcakes when the kids went to bed.  Big smile.

But ya know what?!  The kids didn't go to bed!  Oh I did my part and brushed teeth, read books, and tucked in the littles.  But then I hear someone say, "Wanna play a game, Dad?"   And "A" game turned into many apparently b/c they didn't go to bed until nearly midnight!  

No cupcakes.   But it IS datenight right?  And maybe there will be cupcakes involved. 

~Still have gross stomach issues around here and I'm not sure if the boys' bathroom will ever be the same.

~I worked on my cookbook a bit this weekend.  I'm adding pages of contents and page numbers.  I recently replaced the binder it was in and now it's a pretty bright green.  I re-typed some recipes and replaced a few page protectors.  Much better!

Stuff We Made This Weekend...
omelets and hashbrowns
a huge turkey, mashed potatoes, broccoli
breakfast cookies
cheese dip
english muffin pizzas
yogurt
orange julius drinks
blueberry smoothies
hummus
steaks and french fries

1 comment:

Meggy T said...

my nice watch is lost forever cuz the clasp fell off somehwere :( How come it happens to the nice ones and not the crummy ones? I don't know if I'm a watch wearer either though