In chapter 5, the writer of Hebrews is admonishing the Jewish Christians for being immature in the faith. He compared them to infants living on milk who were " not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness." (v.13)
He contrasts that by saying, "But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil." (v.14)
My little kids do not like to be called "the babies". If they hear me say that they'll usually come back with, "I'm big!".
Neither do I want to be called a spiritual baby. By "constant use" of the Word, I will grow beyond that.
Constant use.
I've been thinking of the ways I've been wasting time.
The movie I watched last night. The stupid book I'm in the middle of. The silly things I worry about. Oh, there's plenty....
Well that led me to thinking about my kids. And how important it is for them to be trained in righteousness so that they will be able to "distinguish good from evil"...especially Meg, who starts college in the fall. Is she ready? Have I used the time well?
Constant use.....
Lord, please wean me from the milk and teach me to feast on the meat and potatoes of Your goodness!
No comments:
Post a Comment