Monday, February 01, 2010

Today

I'm sick.  But I'm almost better.  Just a yucky cold.  I hardly ever ever ever get sick.  As a matter of fact, I was trying to remember the last time that I was sick and I think it was the day that my 5yo son was born.  (I haven't touched roast since.)  Some of my kids had it on and off last week.  Now that I have it and realize how bad they felt, I wish I had babied them a bit more.  Sorry guys

This is the absolute perfect time to be sick.  We got snow this weekend and it was a beautiful scene outside my window while I was cozy and warm inside.   Snow doesn't happen too much 'round these parts and it is a blessed gift.  My kids bundled up in their snowsuits and built all sorts of snow structures.  When our snow was getting pretty slim, the elderly lady across the street offered up her front yard to them.  Sweet!

My only regret was that I didn't stock up with food first.  Partly b/c I didn't really believe it would be that big a deal.  We were running low anyway, but by the end of the weekend it was really a pitiful sight.  With no breakfast foods in sight, my starving children ate meatballs for breakfast this morning.  It wasn't all that bad...we did have half a jar of mustard, some tomato sauce, and a bag of chips.  Where is their creativity anyway? 

Eldest loaned me the first Love Comes Softly book.  I've always loved the movie and she was sure I would like the book.  She was right!  I'm not usually a fan of modern fiction...especially love story types..but this was sooo sweet.  Ma Graham was a great inspiration to me.   She reminded me of my mother-in-law and my step mom wrapped up in one. 

Have you ever been called for jury duty?  I've always wanted jury duty ever since I was little and my g'mother told me about the time she got to do it.  Finally finally(!) I was called!  In Colorado.  Ahhhh.
But the really bad thing is that once I got the summons I totally blew it off and forgot all about it!  yikes.
I didn't even give it another thought until last night when someone mentioned jury duty totally unrelated to me.  Talk about irresponsible!  I was able to take care of it online and apparently whenever I was supposed to go has already passed but they didn't call my number anyway....whatever that means.  

Football season is almost over.  Boy it lasts a long time!  I don't care a thing about football but I love the fun that others have with it.  I'm always glad when the season starts b/c it means that cooler weather is on the way.   Super Bowl is a big affair around here and we were trying to decide who to invite.   After much deliberation, it turns out that b/c this SB is sooo important we can't invite anybody b/c we might miss a second of the action.  Pathetic really. 

Today's Meals (Because we have food!)
Breakfast - the last crumbs of cereal, a bowl of frozen strawberries, and meatballs
Lunch - Chicken sandwiches
Dinner - 3 cheese penne pasta, salad, and bread sticks

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Speaking of Jury Duty... Graham was summoned in Conway and Fort Smith a couple of weeks ago. He canceled the Conway one...of course. But, the Fort Smith one is very difficult with the new baby and doctor's appointments...plus I can't drive so he has to do a lot of the errands!
Oh Well!
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better.

Abigail said...

I hope you feel better soon! We missed you at church on Sunday. I was summoned a few weeks ago for jury duty....again. I had it in OK before I got married. This time I got out of it by being pregnant :) It is a verrry long process, and I felt like people's privacy was quite intruded on, as they asked the prospective jurors ALL kinds of very personal questions, right in front of the criminal..yikes. I didn't like it...