~Today was the first event of Holy Soldier Airsoft. OH, how my guys had fun! But that meant they were gone for almost the whole entire day leaving me home with 3 of my favorite peoples.
This one.
This one.
And this one.
~We started the morning with a couple of Tom & Jerry episodes b/c that's a little kid thing that usually gets voted down by the bigger ones.
~Then we tried our hand at whole wheat sugar cookies with sprinkles. Not so good, but fun to make anyway.
~Milk and cookies for snack, of course.
~Then OUTSIDE to the oh so pretty day of sunshine! Going around the block with tots on wheels takes a long time. Mayfee is speedy on his bike or scooter, Babyest is second, but Bird? We might as well be walking backwards. She is sooooo slow. Today I discovered that she's a little faster on her trike than her scooter, but not much. I keep telling her that if she'd just stop talking, she'd pedal faster. But of course she can't hear me cause she's talkin'.
~A lunch of leftovers then I let them play in back yard while I worked on lesson plans for next week.
~Tired of playing out, they came in and we colored. Confession: I really like coloring. I never outgrew it. So I am thrilled with their coloring phase.
~By this time, the house is a mess and there are 4 loads of laundry waiting to be folded on the couch. I don't care. It's been a fun day with little people.
Today's Meals...
Breakfast - eggs (thanks Lane!)
Lunch - leftovers
Snack - milk and cookies
Dinner - leftover stuff again b/c everyone came home at 3:30 and wanted to eat. Not is-there-a-snack(?) eat, but can-we-have-dinner-now(?) eat. So we ate dinner at 3:30 Which was NOT the dinner I wanted to make but just something I could do fast. Dinner at 3:30 meant 2nd dinner at 7pm. Cereal.
Sidenote: Hey, know what I learned last week? That the public schools send backpacks of food home for the weekend to some of the kids. As in the kids don't get to eat on the weekends b/c they aren't being fed breakfast and lunch at school. Isn't that sad?? So it's a fundraiser thing my ortho is doing and there's a list of stuff you can contribute. Looking over the list, the only healthy thing on it is raisins. Even sadder. It's all like pudding cups and pop tarts and vienna sausages and stuff that you can just open and eat.
Wow. Quite an eye-opener. We are so blessed around here.



2 comments:
Yeah, I have four kiddos in my class that get a backpack...I know there are more kids that need them, but we are limited. However, I looked in the sack one time and was shocked...Cheetos, pudding, crackers, fruit snacks, and other junk food. It is so sad...sometimes I get numb to it because of the I work with poverty kids everyday.
saddest thing is that sometimes those kids dont even get to eat that food because the others they live with take it from them. I had a friend who worked at Howard Elementary for years.
Post a Comment