Monday, November 30, 2009

Last Night's Dinner

This was very simple and quick since I used left over chicken from Thanksgiving. It's a new recipe I tried from Kraft's Food & Family magazine.

Saucy Mexican Chicken

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves

2 Cups salsa

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (I was out of this so I used a can of chili beans)

shredded cheddar

Cook chicken on each side seasoned with salt & pepper. Add salsa and beans. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on med-low heat 5 min or until chicken is done and everything is bubbly. Top with cheese. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered until cheese is melted.

Frozen french fries. I know, rice would've been better but french fries is sorta a date night tradition with us. This is one of those brownie bowl things. I got it on sale at Aldi and saved it for date night. It was certainly fast and easy and sweet but I don't think I'll get it again.
Here's breakfast. It's our new way to make pancakes b/c it's so much easier. I can't remember where I got it but it's a good one!

Oven Pancake

Grease 9x13 dish. Layer fruit on bottom if desired. Preheat oven to 400.

Mix:

3 eggs

3 T oil

2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1 1/2 C milk

1/2 C honey

1 1/2 C flour

1 tsp salt

dash of nutmeg

Pour into dish and bake 20 minutes.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hooray for new recipes! I'll have to try those. :)

Amanda said...

I actually tried the pancake recipe this morning and it was a hit! Super easy!

Amanda said...

Why is your blog showing "0 comments" when I've commented twice? Weird.

TaggTroop said...

I don't know. Maybe it takes awhile to show up(?)

We love that recipe too. A couple of weeks ago I made strawberry jam. For some reason it didn't set so we use it as strawberry syrup on this pancake.

I miss your apple butter.