Today Nathan is one. Tomorrow he will be two.
I know that his birthday will be fun and I am looking forward to having a two-year-old in the house again. The problem is that I will miss my one-year-old. It is always the day before the birthday that I think on the most. I ask myself questions like ... did I use this year with him the best way that I could? Did I spend enough time with him? How can I be a better mom to him next year? I also spend the day calling him "one year old" since I will never be able to do that again. Lord willing, I will have another one-year-old since Mallory is right behind him but she will not be the same one-year-old as Nathan.
Here's some sweet stuff about my one-year-old....
~Nathan likes to sleep with his glow worm, red blankey, and a couple of cars.
~He speaks in sentences, signs, and can use the potty.
~He can sit nicely through a whole church service.
~He likes to ride in the car.
~He has been known to stuff the potty with toilet paper.
~He is starting to sing....what a joyful noise it is!
~He loves talking on the phone and reading books.
Here are is b-day meals
breakfast: orange rolls and juice
lunch : vegetable soup and crackers
dinner: Pizza
dessert: a turtle cake with strawberry ice cream
Tomorrow I will be the mom of a two year old. Today I'm enjoying my one year old.
2 comments:
Hi Sandy! You certainly have had a lot of birthdays in your family since you started the blog! Are everyone's kind of clustered together? We have just the four of us and our birthdays occur within 10 weeks and 1 day, from August to October. That's why we always celebrated half-birthdays when the boys were younger! Happy birthday Nathan! Love, Susan
I have tears! How sweet Sandy! That was such a blessing to read. (Except for the toilet paper thing...hits too close to home...especially after paying for a $100 plumber visit...I won't mention any names but she is two also...)
Love,
Shawna
Post a Comment