Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Home Improvement Day

I declared yesterday "Home Improvement Day". That meant we put the school books away and worked on home improvement projects. It was a good change of pace.

Mike has been reminding me about the unfinished painting project that I began so I thought I'd get moving on it. I picked another color called Toasted Cashew. Why do they always look better on the sample card?! Well I started painting and it looks so similar to the original color of my walls (off white) that it was nearly impossible to tell where I painted. That was quite a disappointment. I'm NOT doing this again so Toasted Cashew it is. At least I got rid of the dark green trim. However, when I painted over that the room looked a little like a public restroom or a hospital room. Big sigh..... SOOOO that just means I need new stuff to perk up the room, right? I have lots of ideas but the budget doesn't agree with me right now. Too bad. I will just do little stuff for the time being. I bought a couple of new frames on sale at Hobby Lobby so that's a start.

We also planted flowers yesterday. I thought it would be a good time since it was supposed to rain. I had Laney, Laura, and Joshua working on raking and planting. They look pretty.

The rain was wonderful and it tested the leak in the basement. It's still there. I was hoping that the unclogging of the french drain fixed it but it didn't. I have calls into two irrigation guys today. We'll see what they say.

Tonight is piano, game, and practice. That means lunch boxes! It also means no dinner dishes.

No comments: