Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Today is the 25th and everytime the 25th falls on a school day we celebrate Christmas. We don't do anything big, although I'm thinking it is a good excuse to make some special breakfast. We just read about the birth of Jesus for our Bible reading and revisit the topic again. We may sing a Christmas song or two and I might read a Christmas book to the little boys. I know it is a little strange but I got the idea from a conference I went to with a friend of mine. Repetition is good and it is a good excuse to celebrate Jesus again and any other month that it falls in the middle of the week.

I would like to expand this mini celebration but, like everything else, it seems to "sneak" up on me even though I've written it on the calendar. I would like to get out the little fiber optic tree we have to decorate the table and make a special breakfast. Oh well, maybe next month....if it is on a school day.

No comments: