Saturday, May 09, 2015

What To Eat? I Never Know.

Lately my menu planning has been pathetic.

It is something I can procrastinate with like nothing else.  It doesn't take that long and it makes my life so much easier if I'd just do it.  Because I have to feed the people.  And once I feed them then it's time to work on feeding them again and it never stops because they are not spiritual enough to fast for weeks on end.

So today I finally sat down and kinda worked on a menu.  To be perfectly honest, my goal was just to get it done for tonight and the weekend.  How hard could it be?  3 days.  Just do it.

My friend, Kim, asked me for a recipe which turned out to be very handy and timely.  Since I was looking through my book, I just jotted down some ideas that sounded good on an envelope.  Who needs cute Pinterest menu printables when you have junk mail trash sitting around?



There's not a singe thing on there that would make a real meal.  But it's a start.

Also I made a big decision.  In order to streamline Sunday afternoons, I'm going to do a crock pot something every Sunday for lunch.  I know there's tons of crock pot recipes out there but it gets a bit tricky when "pot roast" is a bad word and my man doesn't care for soup.  So I'm on the hunt for crock pot stuff that I can rotate.

If you have any great crock pot meals to share, I'd be all kinds of grateful!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beef Stew! However, probably won't be ready until dinner time. That's what I'm putting in the crockpot tomorrow morning before church. It's snowing here in Colorado (boo!) so it's a perfect meal on a cold wet day. I'm not a soup person either but I really like the stew.

Gaylene

Pam H said...

fresh or frozen boneless chicken (or thighs, fewer bones to pick out) and a bottle of bbq sauce or salsa. Cook till done then shred. Serve with veggies, rice, potatoes, or part of nachos. Simple!