Here's the thing.
I can't be nice for the whole entire day. I can be nice for a little while. Even half a day maybe. But then the nice wears off and I have to have a people break to build it back up.
Problem is my people do NOT understand this. And there's a lot of people. So even if I ask them to fill-in-the-blank for "quiet time", they will need to come out and talk a lot because OF COURSE their circumstance is unique and their thing to say is very important. They also think they are the only one that needs to do it.
So today during Baby's nap, I scooted the multitudes outside, locked the door, and told them to drink from the hose if they were thirsty. And ya know what? It worked just long enough for me to muster up some nice again before the school kids came home and said all their things they had to say.
I'm thinking this might be a good addition to our summer schedule this year..... as long as they don't find the hidden key.
No comments:
Post a Comment