Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ramblings Of Recently

This morning started with a squabble involving 3 boys and a dozen eggs.  By 7am I had given 3 different speeches on peacemaking and the difference between cooked eggs and raw.

And cleaned up broken glass.

And stuck my hand in a web of nastiness that had FREAK OUT written all over it.   Only I was too tired to do that so I just washed my hands.  27 times.

~We have been battling the stomach bug all week.  Each kid has taken a turn on a different day.    
And this scene is becoming commonplace.  


Good news is that there aren't many of us left who haven't had it so it has to be over soon.  
In the meantime, there's been lots of crackers, juice, sprite, and cartoons.  

~In other news,  Josh finally lost a tooth! And I'm here to tell you it was long overdue.  At his last ortho appt, Dr Harper told him that he plans to retire in 15 years and he'd appreciate it if he'd get some teeth out before then.  It's about time.

~Did you go to the Savers sales last weekend?  Because if you missed it, you were the only one who did.  It was sooo crowded!  I came home with a big bag for $23 that included 2 purses, a winter coat for ZBoy, a pair of shoes and some miscellaneous clothes items.  

Now that Mally is older she has this Savers day figured out and knows it's a girls shopping trip that she doesn't wanna miss.  She takes turns shopping with her sisters, trying on clothes, and trying to talk me into buying everything.   This time she saw all the barbies hanging up in bags....naked.
In a heartbroken voice she said, "MOM!!  Do you see how they treat their barbies?!  Those poor babies."

~This is what I've been looking at this week...

These bunk beds are perfect.   We are wanting to replace the metal ones with wood.  I  LOVE these....but I don't love the price.

This blog shows how this family has organized their 1100 square foot house to fit 11 people.  She has some good ideas on all kinds of things.

Limeade! Because summer is right around the corner.  I've been wanting to try this but it requires a trip to the store and, well with puke and all, it ain't happening.  

No comments: