It snowed!!! Again.
Doesn't it seem like we've gotten an unusual amount of snow and ice this year? Or maybe because this is my first year to have bees and the snow and ice make me worry about them and I didn't have that concern before. Who knows.
Anyhow, it snowed.
And my people could not be happier. Hot chocolate, snow clothes, snow men, video games, a Redbox movie that is long overdue, a new Kindle book, Daddy working from home, and some tomato soup.
Speaking of snow clothes. This is what happened. The first day I noticed that my little people barely needed any help at all getting all bundled up. But I ignored it. Then today! They did it ALL BY THEMSELVES.
And I still haven't gotten over it.
I'm pretty sure this is the coldest Arkansas winter I can remember. And other than a crazy electric bill, we are kinda enjoying it. Or I am anyway. Until I have to go somewhere. Then I don't enjoy it anymore.
~Meg is coming over today but there is more snow so her daddy just left to pick her up. Tonight we are making pizza and Meg is going to teach me how to make a cauliflower pizza crust. I KNEW we were related!
~Guess what? Only one week into Trim Healthy Mama and my man has lost 7 pounds. I don't expect this every week but it's an encouraging start. I'm still trying to figure it out. I've just now hit the chapter that includes recipes so next week ought to be fun. Except I'm out of grocery money, which makes it not quite as much fun. Gotta figure out the grocery budget leak!
~Little kids' bedtimes were getting later and later around here. And since they get up early in the morning, I decided to change things up. New routine..... after read aloud time and teeth brushing they can read in bed until 9. At 9pm it's lights out and Mom comes in to put chapstick on little lips and kiss them goodnight. Then their lips have to stay closed for the chapstick and kiss to sink in overnight. The chapstick routine has made bedtime sweeter and they say, "Don't forget the lip thing!"
~I guess it was a week for new rules. We've also had issues with frowny faces and wet noodles when Mom asked them to do something. I hate pouts and whines. So if this is you, you get to sit in a chair in the middle of the room and practice your smile for 5 minutes with a timer. If you are caught not smiling your biggest smile, the timer starts over. So far at the end of the 5 minutes they are in a much more cheerful mood. And I've had one little girl, who after a warning look, said "I'm happy, I don't need to practice my smile."
~Before I forget, for those of you who have asked, Christian's graduation is April 26. I hope ya'll come!
2 comments:
I think I should try the smiling thing with Becki...Maybe it would be a help..Hehe
I love the smiling thing...we are going to have to try that around here! And the chapstick thing...that is just too sweet. :)
Post a Comment