Did you have a great Resurrection Sunday?
It was pouring down rain in my neck of the woods. At first. But then it turned into the most beautiful sunny day ever.
But I'm gonna re-wind to the day before. Saturday, and we were in town running errands and visiting with Ms. Ruby. Meg was with us and I remembered that I hadn't gotten anything new for the boys for Easter Sunday...as in clothes, well or anything for that matter.
The girls were set. But the boys already had nice clothes that would work fine and I was good with that. Except I changed my mind and I wasn't good with it anymore and told Honey we needed to go to Savers. Because that's where I get 99% of my kids' clothes. Besides if we didn't, FarmerBoy would try to pull off that striped shirt that he wears every other Sunday and that was not happening.
So I figured we'd be in and out. 5 shirts. Done.
But it was more like a bunch of shirts. And pants. And 4 pairs of shoes. One purse. One belt. And eighty one dollars.
That was ok too and it was fun.
That night we were going to the big Easter production at a local church. My kids had never seen anything like that and I kinda built it up to be something great even though I'd never been. Imagine their surprise when the power point said something about this was going to be a worship service. And Nate was like..
"We came all this way for a WORSHIP SERVICE?" (it was 9 minutes away)
"We paid all this money for going to church?" (it was free)
The poor kid clearly felt betrayed. And then it was too hot for him. And he couldn't see. And could he sit up on his knees? It was not what he had in mind!
We got home and put kids to bed and I started ironing all the new clothes for the next morning.
Morning came and can you believe we had clothes issues?! FarmerBoy did, in fact, plan to wear the striped shirt and was convinced he looked stupid in the new one. Nate had some problem too that I don't even know about b/c Honey handled it.....that boy often has wardrobe issues. Mally's new shoes were too big all of a sudden. And there was a back-and-forth about whether or not to wear panty hose. All this when I thought I was so prepared by ironing the night before. Go figure. But the hilarious thing is that I ironed and set out new pants for FarmerBoy to wear with his new shirt and the kid got out of the house in jeans and I didn't even notice until he was up front singing! Whatever. And really who cares anyway.
Apparently Mally decided to use the Sunday School hour to educate her classmates on the truth of the Easter Bunny. GASP! Ms. Marianne told me about it later and I really don't know what to say.
We had a wonderful worship service with our youth singing and George's good preaching and a nice crowd of visitors. My Awana boy Jaden showed up all by himself. I'm glad....but sad that he came alone.
Lunch followed (with potato salad) and an Easter Egg hunt.
Then we had a big surprise!
That morning at 7:30 (15 minutes before departure time) my MIL called to tell me they were home!! Home finally after 6 months or so in FL. We didn't tell the kids and just drove up to "check on Grandma's house and watch DD before going home".
SQUEAL!
Lots of hugs and kisses and talking and golf and juice. Because that's what you do at Grandma's.
We couldn't stay forever though since we have farm chores now and all (BIG smile!). Plus it was date night ya know.
Do you even want to hear about date night? It's hilarious.
I thought we'd stay home and cook lamb chops. He thought we should go out. We both agreed we should do something at the lake. Since there's not a lot to pick from on Easter Sunday we went to CV's (like the grocery store CV's) and picked out something to take to the lake. I looked at all the deli food and it was fried and brown. All of it. So I got chips and salsa, some nuts, and one of those "fresh" dips they have in the produce refrigerated section.
We took it all to the lake and ate while we watched a lady catch a fish. She fiddled with it for awhile until she decided she couldn't take it off the hook and made her husband do it. Then he handed it back to her and she put it in the water. EWWWW!! Tell me...how can that be fun? It will take more than one good washing to get that nasty fish smell off her hands. Then she went right back to it without so much as a baby wipe or a drop of hand sanitizer.
Anyhow. We hiked a trail and I showed him where the amphitheater was. And then he remembered that he had to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow. So that meant we went back home after being out a whole hour and 12 minutes!
The kiddos were happy to see us and I got to read to them before bed and it was a good day.
I hope you had a terrific day celebrating our risen Savior!
1 comment:
Made me laugh.
Post a Comment