Tuesday, April 09, 2013

9 Days Of April

One year ago at this time we were moving into a little bitty rent house and squeezing all 5 boys into a pink room.  

Today I'm looking out the window to see ZBoy running barefooted in a zigzag path to play with his chickens.  I'm pretty sure it's the cutest thing on the planet.  

~Farm update:  We got 6 more chicks this weekend.  That brings the grand total to 12.  Which is enough for now.  They were moved outside last week and they are doing great.  The eggs are still in the house and our hatch date is next week!  We are still trying to decide if we have any roosters.  It's impossible to tell but we are guessing by their personalities.  

~Also next week...and on the same day, we get bees!  

~My little seedlings are puny.  NOT at all ready to plant which is really disappointing since I put some time and thought into exactly what kinds of seeds I wanted and what we were going to grow.   I think the garage was too cold, even under grow lights, and even though we have a heater.  Plus we use it a lot so there was a lot of door opening and inconsistent temps.  Anyway, my good man bought us a bunch of plants this weekend and we will hope the seedlings are ready by fall.  If not, I wasted 37 cents.  

Farm news done.  

~Wait.  One more thing.  I got farm boots!  NOT to be confused with cowboy boots ya'll.  Because they are rubber boots with polka dots.   And I think they are just a little bit magic because I despise getting dirty almost as much as I hate getting wet.  But when I put on my farm boots, I'm perfectly good to get as dirty as necessary and I can even pet the dog without immediately washing my hands.  Impressive huh?  So I can play with chickens, weed the strawberries, AND stir the compost pile all because of polka dotted farm boots.  

NOW the farm news is done.  I promise.  

~So far we have celebrated 2 birthdays with one more to go this month.  My oldest son turned 17 and I did not cry.  He is such a love!  This week we have his Jr/Sr formal coming up.  And I'm like...HOW???  

Then our other son turned the fine nine.  That was yesterday..though technically it's not til tomorrow.  So when we took him out to lunch we still got the discounted rate of him being eight.  We might do this more often!  

~Grandma and Grandpa have been home all this time and have gotten to celebrate every birthday with us.  And we make them do everything else with us too.  They threatened not to come home next year until May.  

~So last week Honey took Friday off and we went to Silver Dollar City.  It was not crowded and the weather was perfect.  Grandma was brave and rode Thunderation right off the bat.  After that she declared herself done for the rest of the day.  

My favorite roller coaster is the little one next door to the Dumbo Elephant ride.  That's more my speed.  So I rode with Mally but ZBoy was excited to get to ride by himself.  Only the lady let too many people out of the gate and there were 2 people that didn't have a seat.  So the lady asked Zboy if he'd share a seat with a little girl.  I held my breath for a split second figuring we might all have to leave the ride.  Let's just say that lately he has not been so friendly with a change of plans that does not result in his favor.  But we did NOT have to leave and he happily gave up his seat.  Maybe we are making progress!  

We left the house at 6:30am and got home after 10pm.  Honey fell flat across the bed sideways, fully dressed, with keys still in his hand and was snoring in 3 minutes.   It was a long day.  And fun.  

~So almost all 9 days of April, plus a couple before that I have been exercising.   Walking walking walking and doing ball exercises when it rains or a kick boxing video.  I'm hoping to get into a good habit before the hot summer hits.  Then maybe I can find a treadmill on Craigs List.  

~This morning I was doing a short Bible study with the kids on James 3.  I had a good illustration about a pregnant lady with twins.  But then my little son piped up with "Is that the same person that wears the same clothes every day and trains coyotes?"  

Wha??

Then one of my older kids stepped in to set him straight because he knew exactly what he was talking about.  I was still lost and had no idea how pregnant ladies with twins would have anything to do with people that train coyotes.  Or wear the same clothes every day.  

In any case, I decided to wrap it up.  Because once little boys have their minds on coyote trainers there is no recovery.  




No comments: