~Or do you consider Friday to be the weekend too? Or at least Friday night?
~We have just one more birthday of the Spring birthday run and we will have celebrated 5 kids in 4 weeks. ZBoy is super excited about tomorrow and was eager to go to bed so we could decorate for him. Tomorrow we are partying with macaroni and cheese at Grandma's house. Only Grandma doesn't know yet.
~So I pulled out just one clothes box from the attic to start the great clothes exchange. One at a time.
I always know it's a mess but I always forget it's a MESS. And apparently ZBoy grew a lot b/c the clothes I saved for him for spring are way too small. He had a nice stack to try on from that one box and I love how excited even my boys get about clothes.
~Honey and FarmerBoy and I were driving home from getting bee hives and saw a huge fire up ahead. Like right around where our house is. But as we got closer we saw it was across the street from where we turn in to our road. There is a place that makes wooden pallets and it was engulfed in huge billowy bright orange and black flames. The water the fire fighters were spraying had no effect. I've never seen anything so up close and scary like that. We could watch it all from the back porch it was so close. FarmerBoy had a hard time sleeping that night.
I've had a hard time getting it out of my mind and the word I keep thinking of is consuming.
It has been an illustration of our consuming God in my thoughts. How God is so mighty and scary and terrifying and with that same consuming energy loves us with a passionate, jealous, everlasting love. I've been wanting to work up a youth lesson on it but can't seem to organize my thoughts.
~We have more babies! The momma bird that built her nest in the bird house on the chicken coop laid 4 eggs and 3 hatched this week. This bird house has a lid that lifts up so you can see everything. We saw them the very first day and they are so tiny and naked looking! The poor momma bird is lamenting her choice of real estate since we are frequently in the chicken coop and peeking in her nest. She's not one of those mean birds that dive bombs you though. She just sits in the tree or on the fence waiting for us to leave.
~Last night Honey and I got to dress up and go to the Jr/Sr. formal with our son. OH how handsome he is all fancied up in his suit! I'm so in love with that kid.
~Our bees come next week and the law requires that you register your hives. On the form you have to name your land. They list examples like "01" or "big land". Who would name it something like that? I love naming things so I immediately jumped all over it. Only I can't think of anything! So help a girl out and give me some suggestions.
~I decided to fill up my Amazon cart with some things I've been "needing" since Mother's Day, Memorial Day, and my birthday are all coming up. My man had no idea that Memorial Day was a gift giving occasion. Good thing he's teachable.
No comments:
Post a Comment