"There are undeployables in the spiritual domain, spiritually decrepit people who refuse to do anything unless they are supernaturally inspired." -Oswald Chambers
Whoa.
Undeployable, spiritually decrepit? Basically useless. Oh Lord let that NOT be me!
His Scripture reading today was 2 Tim 4:2
"preach the Word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching."
I've always loved this verse but looking at it in light of Mr. Chamber's words almost makes me tremble. How many times I've been lazy! Brushing someone off when I didn't feel like getting involved or engaging. Excusing myself for a million different things when there was no good excuse. Wasting my life by spending it on myself instead of putting in the time and energy to invest in someone else. Ohhhh........
But how can I be ready all the time?
2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."
I love how God not only directs us in His ways, but equips us by his own breath. His Word. And do you know how many Bibles I own? Plenty.
I have no excuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment