I have so many pictures I want to post. I think they are still in the editing stage so they are on hold for now. My man is one busy guy.
But in the meantime I'll blab about the goings on this week....
~I'm taking a friend to school for awhile until her family gets their car working again. It blows me away to hear about her day on the way home. So one day all the 7th grade teachers were gone and there were subs for the entire 7th grade....all classes. She didn't have to do any work all day and just got to talk! My question....why did she even have to go? And did you know that they watch movies in public school (at least her jr high school)? Alvin And The Chipmunks and The Incredible Hulk!! Seriously.
~Speaking of school, we had our first full week of school since the move. We don't have a place for everyone to work together so I have 3 kids at the table. 2 at the coffee table. 1 in her room. And one on the couch. Meg's at UAFS and Lane is FINISHED!!
~YES!! She is done! 12 loooong years of math completed! Everything else too. But math was the biggie. So happy for her. And what a privilege for me to get to teach her and love on her and be with her for so much of her life for 18 years. I love being her mom.
~Graduation plans are coming together. This week I ordered a cake for 300 people and bought the paper goods and most of the punch supplies. Tassel is here, diploma is done, cap and gown is ready. Just a few more details for the upcoming week. Somehow I think those few details will end up consuming the entire week! But that's ok. I'm so happy for her...my sweet girl. We have friends coming from CO (aren't they so sweet?) and family from TX. Can't wait!
~My neighbor kids are coming to Awana with us and I think they are enjoying it. They seem to be sweet kids and are fitting in well in their classes from what I can gather. And you know what? Wednesday I got to pray with one of our youth to receive Christ!! YES!
And you know what is interesting? With most of the kids that I've prayed with, I've just happened to be the person in the right place at the right time. I'm like the guy that just goes around picking the fruit that everybody else has grown. In most cases, I haven't been the one to invest in them, to teach them about Christ, or help them grow. Someone else has planted, watered, fertilized, and loved. And I kinda feel strange about that....like I'm taking someone else's joy. But for whatever reason I've gotten to be the one to pray with them. I'm thankful.
~I talked to my friend in Haiti this week. I have a neat story to share....
He was driving to his mission from Port-Au-Prince, which is about 3 hours. His friend that is with him asks him if they can stop to stretch their legs. Jeff pulls over in some random place in front of someone's house. All of a sudden the lady runs out of the house yelling, "Pastor Pastor I have to talk to you! I need Jesus and I need you to pray for me b/c I'm addicted to cigarettes! And I want you to start a church right here in my front yard!"
Talk about surprised! Jeff had never seen this lady before and still can't figure out how she even knew he was a pastor. He talked to her and learned more. She handed over her cigarettes. And she prayed to receive Christ!! Jeff called his associate and they have started a church in her yard that now has 24 members! Is that cool or what?
Also they have started an orphanage. At this point they have 2 kids that were orphaned in the earth quake. They were expecting 18 more this weekend. They are sleeping in tents with no permanent structure but hoping to get something built soon. So many things happened since we last talked! I am cheering on the progress.
He has a dentist coming in May and a group of 20 coming in July. It was great to get an update. I hope I get to go soon.
~Lane is going on a mission trip in May. Without me. I know!!
OKC working with an inner city mission. It sounds right up her alley.
~The land hunt continues. The 2 places that everyone liked are sold. One just closed yesterday. Oh well.....today we found another one and I think it's better than both the ones we liked before. Closer to town too. That's a plus.
~I'm guessing if you're still here you're at least ready for me to wrap this up. My computer is too. She's locked up on me twice now. (Honey, what's going on??)
But here's a couple of pictures of lately to end it all...
Mally with a friend. Aren't they cute?
Fishing buddies
A boy and his dog.
My sweeties.




4 comments:
Glad to hear things with the move are settling down and what awesome works God is doing!
Yay for Lane!!! How cool. Tell her congratulations for me!
That is just an amazing story about your friend in Haiti! God works in such wonderful and magnificent ways. It's just awe-inspiring.
I just love seeing all the pictures that you post. Wow, everyone has changed so much, it seems!
Love you!
So glad I dropped in to catch up with you this morning :) You are always such a blessing! :):):)
Glad your back.
Post a Comment