And so it begins...
I got to meet a neighbor today. He came over not to introduce himself, but to see what the emergency was and how he could help.
Me: What?
Him: I heard yelling and screaming in the back yard! Is everyone ok?
Apparently he lives behind us and heard the boys playing on the swing from inside his house.
Well yes. That would be us.
I started explaining that all was well and we have a lot of sons. It was happy boy noise. There's a new swing set. And I'm sorry.
I'm not sure he believed me. He asked about the previous (quiet) neighbor. I think he was lamenting his misfortune to learn that he had moved and rented the house to us.
My eldest son figured it out.
"His house must not be well insulated."
Yeah. That must be it.
Our older kids thought the whole thing was hilarious. The little boys couldn't imagine what he was talking about. They didn't think anything was unusual in the back yard....
except the super fun swing set!
3 comments:
We would welcome you and all your noise! Please move to our street!
when we lived in FSM, our neighbor called one time: "I was just calling to see if everyone is ok ~ I haven't heard you yelling in awhile..."
ouch!
I often wonder what my neighbors must think... :)
Post a Comment