Who knew it'd be so hard to find a rent house? Obviously we're in the wrong business.
It didn't really bother me though. There were a couple of options that we could live with if all else failed.
Besides it's all an adventure right.
But throw in a bad RA day and my tune changes.
I'm tired of packing.
I'm super tired of the mess.
I'm tired of people saying "no dogs" or "too many kids"
And I'm especially tired of looking at houses that we can afford to buy debt free.
Yikes.
I cried before I even got dressed.
I didn't read to my kids today. Hello guilt.
And I wonder if we're doing the right thing. Plans change. I try to switch gears.
I wish we were all home together tonight. Just us.
But then the phone rang. It was Mr. A from church asking if we'd found a place to rent yet b/c he'd been thinking about us. He has a friend that has a place that might work out and he asked if I wanted to come see it.
Why not.
I pack up my littles and follow the directions.
The first thing I noticed is that it was close to home. In a part of town that's familiar and not scary. I drive into the neighborhood and see that it's spacious. Not busy. Possibly even ripstickable.
I find the numbers on the house and see right away that it's just right! Mr. A shows me around and Oh Yes!
Hope returns. They know how many kids we have. They know we have dogs (and didn't even ask for a pet deposit). There is a big back yard with even a garden spot started! He's leaving us his trampoline and swing set.
So for 6 months we will share this 1500sf house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. And we'll see what God wants to do next.
I was happy to find a house, but even more important was the visit afterwards. Mr A gave me some wise words about not rushing. Picking a good location. Not feeling pressured b/c we think we have no choice.
Being wise and practical about how we want to spend not only our money but also our time. And shared some strong precautions and reservations about the area we were considering.
It was a conversation I needed to hear and helped to settle some things in my head.
I loaded up my littles, threw away the directions to the crummy house on N 13th that I was going to drive by, and went home with a smile.
Tomorrow we load boxes and furniture into our rented storage units. But tonight...no packing.
Instead we popped pop corn and watched some Toy Story 3.
5 comments:
So happy for you...Amazing how things work out huh? Chin up cousin....Your doing great.
Eric, You're a great encourager! I've thought about you often and how you and Becki are working on your house. I guess we're following in your footsteps!
YAY!!
1500 sq ft?! spacious ;-)
and TWO bathrooms?!(and I bet they even FLUSH, huh? :-) Ya'll are gonna be living in the lap of luxury.
p.s. I'm sorry about your bad RA, though!
My house is less than 800 square feet. plently big for me. Remember the thing about houses, the bigger it is the more it costs to heat and cool it.Thanks for the kind words...Just doing the best I can with what I have.
Post a Comment