Saturday, March 10, 2012

Girl Day

We are having a baby shower at church today!  2pm with pot luck finger foods. 

Yesterday was busy and I didn't get a chance to run to the store so I had to come up with something that we could do with what we already had on hand. 

I found a loaf of white bread in the freezer left over from when my in-laws were here.  Perfect!
An extra cake mix in the pantry from the dessert fest of last week's church lunch.  Jack pot!

Isn't my sous chef beautiful?  Notice the rollers.  Gotta look fabulous for baby showers ya know.
We made turkey sandwiches, cut off the crusts, and cut into triangles. 
Oh the exclamations over white bread!  If only we could have it all the time.  (rolling my eyes)
crust = lunch
Super simple cookies.  1 box of cake mix, 1/2 C oil, 1/4 C water, and 2 eggs.  Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
I'm sure there will be some sort of cake.  But oh well.  It's what we had. 

It's a girl day over here.  Since we had the shower, Honey took the boys to Devils Den to hike, play, eat, and whack each other with sticks all day. 

So we are packing, collecting garage sale fodder, cooking, and baby showering. 
Love my girls!

No comments: