It's that time of year. New life everywhere. The trees are budding, my grass is greening up, and the azaleas look like they are going through puberty. Spring has sprung and the birds are singing!
But some of them are singing a bit too close to my house. Like in it. The kids have "rescued" 3 baby birds this week! And yes, they are cute (kinda) ....But.
We went through this when my older kids were little and one spring was especially bad. Our neighborhood was full of cats and was a dangerous place for a new family of birds. Ours was the worst. Blacky was a fierce hunter and loved bringing home his "gifts".
I would be right in the middle of diaper changing/snot wiping/dish washing when a heartbroken little bitty would run in hysterically crying for me to save a baby bird. And I would run out armed with the broom to swat away Blacky and hope it wasn't too late. Tears and heartache it was. But what could I do?
Today I drew the line. No bringing home any more birds. Please!
Ok. Speaking of birds. Becky and I were walking this afternoon and there was a puddle of water on the side of the street. A little robin was going to town giving himself a bath in that little bit of water. He was flapping and splashing water all over the place. It was cute.
I'm done with the bird talk now. I promise. Oh wait, one more thing. Did you know if you have a humming bird feeder that you're not supposed to color the water red? So don't buy that over-priced bottle of stuff at the store. Just make your own sugar water and call it a day. Ok, now I'm really done.
On to other stuff.
We start moving in the rent house tomorrow. Tomorrow! I keep telling myself this is going to be easy.
My Awana classes were awesome tonight. And I hear youth was too. How come I can't be in 2 places at once?? I miss being with youth but I do so love my Awana peeps. And while I was helping my guys and girls learn God's Word, Honey had the awesome privilege of teaching our youth what Easter was all about.
That was NOT his planned lesson. But when he realized that most of them did not know what it was about, everything stopped until that matter was cleared up. Lots of questions asked. It sounds like I missed something great. I'm so glad he was sensitive to the Spirit's leading.
We also had a new guy come that I've been praying for this week. I hope he comes back. Honey said he smiled a little and I think that's a good step for him. We'll see. Pray for Nathaniel if you will.
Now it's the morning after. Honey goes to bed wondering if he made any progress with them. If they understood, or was he just a bunch of noise? And he wakes up thinking about what he should've said differently. Uh huh, welcome to my world Love. It's a good life.
I wanted to do Resurrection Eggs with my classes tonight. But they are PACKED! Seriously? Does anyone have a set they can loan me for next week? I'll try not to put them in a box and tape it up this time.
One of Josh's geckos died this week. I never thought I would enjoy a lizard, but I hafta say that these were pretty neat. The boys (especially Josh) loves them and takes excellent care of them. Sometimes they build them lego houses and let the lizards walk around in them laughing hysterically when they look out the window.
But now he just has one. Yesterday I was telling him how blessed the gecko was to have such love in his life and to be cared for so well. He decided he would pour all the extra love into the one that remains. Good plan.
This passing has brought on lots of death questions from Jess.
What's a funeral? What do you do there? Where's the guy (body)? Do they just use a shovel and dig a hole? Are you going to do that to me if I die? How's the rapture going to happen? Will everyone stand in line waiting their turn for a flaming chariot? If I'm in heaven, I'll miss you.
Wow. You never know what will spur on the thinking. I've loved talking this through with him. I love being his momma.
Today I'm cooking. I'm so behind. And tomorrow we're looking at more houses/properties with the realtor. I'm glad I'm not her. This poor woman has taken us all over the place, tromped through woods, and used up tanks of gas driving us everywhere. And for what? Not much. Even when we do find something I can't imagine she'll break even with all the time and gas she's invested in us. Maybe I should make her some cookies.
2 comments:
there are lots of tutorials for making your own resurrection eggs, with things that are easy to find around your house (except maybe the 12 eggs.)
I'll see if i can find one to give you the link to.
In fact, one year at riverwalk, we made resurrection eggs for every kid :)
here is one list that i found
http://www.sermonillustrator.org/illustrator/sermon1/countdow.htm
and here is another, with a few different filler ideas: http://womenlivingwell.org/2011/04/fun-easter-activity-about-jesus/
Post a Comment