It was a perfectly good day. On the outside.
But then...don't stand too close.
A hugely disappointing e-mail.
A seemingly generous invitation that makes me question motives.
The realization that we made an non-repairable mistake with our kids.
Another low offer.
A cancelled trip to Haiti.
How could such a storm be brewing when the skies looked so clear?
So I did what I always like to do when things don't go my way. Cry and pout. Fold my arms across my chest and scream "INJUSTICE!" I don't want to talk and I don't want to listen. I'd much rather wallow in self-pity.
God doesn't allow this for long. And for some reason that I will never understand, He speaks in the storm and stills the fury raging inside me.
"Great is the Lord and mighty in power. His understanding has no limits." Ps 147:5
I never learn. Why am I so hard headed? I serve a God who has infinite wisdom and power, yet I am crippled because as Oswald Chambers says....I do not believe in His power apart from my own finite understanding. So I throw a fit and demand answers. Now.
When instead, I should just be still.
And quiet.
And thankful.
If I can just get my eyes off myself I can see that it's not about me. I step back and realize that I believe lies that are birthed in the pit of hell. And the fact is....I have been blessed with every spiritual and material blessing imaginable. I have a God who is so patient with me that I don't even get blasted when I deserve it.
It doesn't make sense.
5 comments:
Yes we are related!! :) Love you!!! Thanks for the call the other day.
I'm so sorry, Sandy!
Aw-w-w, sorry for the bad day. I'm praying for peace and understanding. Romans 8:28...
Love
Wendy
It will be o.k. cuz....Things often work out at a speed that is diffrent than what we would like. Our time is not God's time.He will work it out when it is right for you...be patient and wait...all good things come to those who do.
So been there this week, and so needed to read this post this morning, Sandy! And so very thankful that He doesn't let us stay there long, and that He is merciful to restore and not smite us on the spot! Praying for you, Sandy. (((Hugs)))
Post a Comment