Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's A Stair Climbing Day!!

But it wasn't yesterday.  Or the day before. 

I've had this huge flare in my foot for 2 days now.  I did ok on Sunday, but it went downhill after that. 
I tried to be patient with it.  But I find that I'm not as patient with that kinda thing as I used to be.   I know how far it can go. 

Tuesday is my Maggie day.  Have I told you about Maggie?  She's my think-outside-the-box, in-your-face, not-what-you-would-expect, gift-from-God doctor.  So I texted her and asked if she had any tricks up her sleeve for a flaring foot.  She said maybe. 

Amazing.  She could tell by how I walked where the flare was before I even took off my shoe.  When I told her I was even considering a shot she threatened to kick my butt.  And believe me, she could do it. 

She had something different in mind.  3 shots.  What??  THREE?!  3 non-corticosteroid shots with something that started with a D that will repair nerve endings.  Doctor talk. 

There was an immediate difference.  Not huge.  By bedtime it was only 1/2 as bad as it was.  I woke up at 3am and did my usual routine of manipulating certain joints to see what the day would bring.  And BEHOLD!  I could move my foot! 

Of course there was no sleeping after that.   I wanted to wake up Honey and tell him.  I wanted to text Maggie and wake her up too.  I wanted to go climb up and down the pool ladder to prove that I could.  But I decided this was the next best thing. 

Just in time.  Today is egg pick up day.  That means I get to climb a flight of stairs balancing 10 dozen eggs. 

BRING. IT. ON!

3 comments:

the momma said...

YAY!!!!!
I have GOT to meet your Maggie!

Anonymous said...

Yea!

Wendy said...

Oh, I'm so glad for the help! What a blessing that Maggie is. I praying for the day that you'll never be troubled with this stuff again. Bring on the stairs!

Love,
Wendy