Sunday, February 26, 2012

Heaven Rejoices!

It all started around VBS time.  Joey was asking questions and was interested but the time wasn't right.  He wasn't quite ready. 

It wasn't over though.  The Holy Spirit was working. 

Fast forward to last week.  I walk into my Awana class and find 5 eager boys.  We talked about their day, prayed, and settled in to memorize some Scripture.  Immediately Joey comes to me and says, "Ms Sandy, I want to pray and ask Jesus into my life. " 

Really?  We weren't even talking about that!  It was apparent that it was something he'd been thinking about. 

I remembered some of his issues from the summer so I asked him some questions to make sure he understood what he asking.   It was clear that he did and we prayed. 

Before the excitement even had a chance to sink in, I had 2 other boys asking the same thing! 

Whoa!  Red light. 

These boys have been with me long enough to have the right answers.  They knew what to say when the questions were asked.  Unfortunately I did not.   I really didn't know what to think.  On the one hand I've been surprised that they haven't made this decision before now.  On the other, I didn't want them jumping the gun just following their friend.   Are they sincere?  Do they know the truth in their hearts?  Or just the head knowledge? 

This is where it gets a little crazy.  In walks Misty.  Perfect timing!  She helps me talk to them and asks George to talk to Cole.  Cole leaves and the door opens again.  My oldest son pops his head in to say that things are not going so well with little LJ.  So now Cole and Caleb each have someone talking to them and I slip out to see if I can help with LJ. 

I never should've left. 

Not only was I unable to help LJ, but by the time I got back I had MISSED my opportunity to pray with Caleb!  Epic failure.  Awwwwww .   Of all my boys I would've loved to pray with Caleb or MJ.     And I hate that I missed out on something so important with him. 

But....  I am super excited for these guys and look forward to helping them grow in their relationships with God.  

Heaven rejoices!  And so does a 3rd grade Awana teacher.

1 comment:

the momma said...

rejoicing with you :-)