"They were also to stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord. They were to do the same in the evening...." 1 Chron 23:30
What a great way to start and end the day.
To wake up with praise and thankfulness on your lips, ready for a new day. And oh, there is so much to be thankful for! I praise God for it all.
The day may be great or it may be full of hardship. Only God knows what it will bring. But no matter, to end the day in the same way it began....by bowing before the Lord in thankfulness and praise turns the heart away from oneself toward Him Who "works all things together for good".
This Week.....
~I just finished 1 Chronicles today and learned so much in the process.
~We are getting ready for the next string of birthdays! This is my absolute favorite time of the year. The weather is perfect. The birthdays are coming and Thanksgiving is around the corner. I hope my in-laws make it for the holidays. Nana's coming next week and we're all looking forward to that!
~Still no church home. But Honey has been asked to lead worship at one of the ones we visited this coming Sunday. I hope he says "yes". I love seeing/hearing him play for the Lord.
~I hate loss. Whether it is a material possession, relationship, or privilege. I hold on with both hands and hate to let go. It's something the Lord and I are working on....but I'm a slow learner. This week I was shopping with Babyest. We opened a box of cereal to snack on throughout the store. When it was time to pay for the cereal and put it away....OH MY!! Screaming and bawling and HUUUGE fit! I guess he gets it from me.
~I set the bread machine to knead 2 loaves of bread. When it was finished, it clearly wasn't finished. Nothing was mixed up and the yeast was still in the well. Weird. I checked the pan and it was tight. The paddles were in b/c I had peeked on it earlier. So, I just reset it and tried again. This time it was a bit more mixed but not done. I hated wasting those ingredients but I had to throw it out at that point. I have no idea what happened.
~My daughter made tortillas this week. They were good but a bit tough. I'm wondering what would make them that way??? Does it matter if the flour is frozen? Anybody???
~On the home front....
The guy comes to start working on my cut out tomorrow. As for now, the oven is out and the hole is empty. That means my cooking is limited to stove top only for a few days.
We thought about painting our bathroom yellow. I got lots of samples and matched it to the wall, then went out and bought a whole gallon. Well, it's totally the wrong color and Honey hates it. No more buying gallons at a time. Now I'm buying the $3 sample can. I think I can still use the yellow paint in the laundry room though. I've always wanted a bright laundry room.
The mud man is done and we're working on priming the bathroom. The mirror is down on my side so I'm sharing Honey's side of the bathroom. I LOVE having my own side of the bathroom, but it's sort of sweet to share again. I like seeing our stuff all mingled together.
~Meg wanted a special privilege and I told her she had to ask her dad. She immediately wanted to know what was for dinner and if we had tea in the fridge. Funny!
~I'm starting back on the Flylady routines.
~This week is dentist week. I took 5 kids on one day, 1 the next, and Honey and I go today. Then I take 2 more kids next week and we'll be done!
~I'm re-reading my favorite book. First We Have Coffee by Margaret Jensen. It's my 3rd time and every time I learn something new from Mama Tweten. I LOVE this book.
~I'm having my little kids play outside more in this wonderful weather. Problem is that they were running in and out for this and that. We got a big deck box for the patio and put all their outside toys in it. I've also found that if I tell them of the popsicle status ahead of time and give them a pitcher of water and cups, they are much happier.
Today's meals....
breakfast - oatmeal
snack - chex mix
lunch - leftover spaghetti
tea - milk and cookies
dinner - soup and toast
4 comments:
on those tough tortillas - perhaps there was too much flour? that'd be easy to do if the flour was still cold, I think, b/c it wouldn't soak up the liquids as fast...
but I don't know. I've made a lot of tough breads and pizza crusts but I never have made tortillas :)
mom?
yep - too much flour would be my guess, too.
Also - I like to let the dough sit as long as is possible (but never less than 30 minutes!) before rolling into balls.
You know - Central has Lots of people on the Praise Team. hint hint :-)
maybe I could borrow your book sometime??
Central is on "the list". Maybe even next week. I was thinking that it would be nice to see ya'll all there.
yep you can borrow my book but it may be a little while. I'm about to read parts of it aloud to my kids. I may even look for another one. I got this one on Ebay for a dollar.
Thanks for the tortilla tip. It's a new recipe too. It was good the first time, but after that.....well, you know.
I love that book! I haven't read it for a long time but now you've stirred me up and I'll have to drag it out again. I have a Scandanavian heritage and this was particularly special to me to read.
Blessings!
Wendy
Post a Comment