Sunday, August 09, 2009

Today

Here's one of our favorite meals when our guys are away (they don't like hot dogs). My grandmother used to make this for me when I was a little girl and now it's one of kids' faves too.



1/2 onion, chopped

3T oil

enough hot dogs to feed your family

ketchup

water



Saute onion in oil. Cut each hot dog in about 5 pieces (on a diagonal slant to be fancy). Put in pan with onion and squirt ketchup all over everything. Add a little bit of water and cook until everything is hot and bubbly.

~11 more days until our new house!

~Ahhh, to have some computer time. I've been working on this simple post for 2 days. When the internet is working, it seems like I don't have a quiet moment. It's nice when the 2 coincide. I will be so thankful for extra space (and doors!) in my new house.

~Off to the farm this week! I haven't seen my dad since we moved. I'll spend the first part of the week getting ready and cooking stuff for Honey while we're gone.

~Date night last night was fun. Honey and I went to Target and bought the kids some new things to do at the rent house. We also bought some new bedding for the new house. Fun!

~Friends over today and Meg is babysitting. I'm also sending laundry over with her to work on for us. That'll be good to give Renee a day off!

Today's meals...
Breakfast - bagels
Lunch - leftovers and sandwiches
Dinner - tuna sauce and salad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed you! Glad to have you on the radar today. :-)

We'll have to try the hotdog recipe. And what is tuna sauce?? I'm intrigued that a light-sounding thing can fill a main-dish slot.

God bless your week as you are counting days...

Wendy