A week at the farm was fabulous! Sweet family, sunny weather, a clean house, and a fresh litter of kittens.
Let's start with the family. G'pa, Nana, and Gram were waiting for us. It's been a long time and the kids have grown. Hugs and kisses all around. And just when I was feeling a bit discouraged I was reminded anew that it *was* a good idea to move back. I missed my family.
Did I mention that the house was clean? Ahhhh.... G'pa and Nana worked really hard to get it all ready for us. And ready it was! 3 queen beds, 1 twin, a pack & play, and 2 couches made plenty of sleeping space. The fridge was full of fun snacks, football on TV, a washer & dryer, and even a lamp by the bed. Hospitality at it's finest! I felt most welcomed and loved. Oh and the dog run! Yep, Dad built a dog run for Buzz and Joey. That made life easier for Lane and a place for the dogs to stretch their legs.
The first couple of mornings started early for Nana as CT was up and ready to fish. CT and Nana are fishing buddies. They both caught 3 on the first morning!
G'ma came to visit everyday and we usually did something fun.....crafts at her house with the girls, the park, out for lunch, or shopping.
Saturday morning Nana went in for unexpected gallbladder surgery. It didn't slow her down a bit! Seriously. She bounced right back with a smile on her face even.
Before we left for the farm we bought a kiddy pool at a garage sale. We took it to the farm and the kids stayed water logged the whole time. Water balloons, skate boards, popsicles, visiting with Gram on the porch, and cartoons filled our time at home. In the end, the pool turned out to be a trap for a poor unsuspecting frog.
I think the boys enjoy farm life the most. Barefoot and filthy catching grasshoppers, frogs, tadpoles, fishing at the lake with nets, peeing in the trees, and finding all sorts of treasures.
Dad cooked a ton of food and my favorite pants got a little tight. I lost track of how many gallons of gatorade we went through. On the last night we had a big dinner with Uncle Kenny, G'ma, and Great G'ma Smyers. A huge rain storm and a cozy movie at Nana's.
Thank you to our family for the fun week! I love you so much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment