Popsicle time!!
I buy them and make them and still never have enough.
This week I've made lots of popsicles. In the store, the boys wanted push-ups. Do you know what those are? (I really thought everyone did, but it turns out that my husband didn't. Deprived boy that he was.) Well, it's basically sherbet in a cardboard tube that you push up with a stick.
I decided that buying a whole plastic tub of sherbet is much cheaper than those little tubes. When we got home, we spooned them into our popsicle molds. They don't "push up", but they do freeze well in the molds. Also, I got like 20 popsicles out of it, instead of the 12 that was in the box.
Today I made green smoothie popsicles using yogurt, spinach, pineapple, and a bit of honey. I made about 16 of those.
I opened a #10 can of pineapple to use for the green smoothies and then used the pineapple juice for even more popsicles.
Our other favorite freezer treat is frozen grapes. Grapes were on sale last week so we stocked up the freezer. Just wash the grapes, pick them off the stems, and stash them in ziploc bags.
I love the warm weather!!
3 comments:
sounds yummy! I made green smoothies this evening.
If you don't use frozen spinach, it's not real noticeable at all.
I liked them :)
I loved popsicles when I was pregnant in the summer. Unfortunately I usually went for the unhealthy sugary kind. Oh well, they're all good!
How's baby?
my husband and girls LOVE frozen grapes..I can never have enough of them.
Darinda
Post a Comment