I just finished my Bible for the 2nd time! I'm so proud of myself! I know, I know, lots of people read their Bible all the way through every year but I've never done it and I'm kinda slow. Soooo I do the take-your-time method and it works for me.
The first time I read it chronologically. That was good. And I did shoot for doing it in a year but it become more of a goal than anything else. My focus was wrong so I stopped. This last time I just took it book- by -book. I like chronologically better except that my Bible is not one of those. I do have one, but I'm sort of a one Bible girl and prefer my own.
Now I've started over and this time I have a special notebook for it. I'm taking it book-by-book again but this time writing out all my thoughts and notes in this notebook. So far so good.
Back to Genesis.....
This morning I started anew and was blessed by the idea of God being such an awesome Creator. And just as the world didn't "just happen", the sun doesn't "just rise" every day. Every morning is a new creation.
The pretty faces of my kids are beautiful creations too. Every new little baby is God's handiwork. Hey! There's the the answer to the ever-annoying question of "Don't you know what causes that?"
2 comments:
I've heard someone answer, "Yes, I do, and we're good at it!"
Yippee on reading the Bible through again. I've been thinking about changing the way I do my prayer journal. We'll see.
Renee
Post a Comment