Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Good Reminder

Talking to a friend from home today and was reminded of something useful.

She just got finished attending a big name....really big in the homeschool realm....seminar. She heard some things that just didn't line up with the Word of God and went home and investigated it. She was reminded that no matter who a speaker/author is, he is only man.

We live in a time when we have a book with an answer for everything. God has gifted some folks with great insight and the ability to articulate it in helpful ways. BUT they are still just men....with only a breath in their nostrils. They are often wrong and misled.

I do love my books. And I have a handful of favorite authors whose words have been very helpful to me. But I hope that I will remember to always check it against Scripture and not buy into something that is not Truth.

"Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Ps 121:2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, and also good to guard against making an author/teacher/anyone's idea for application of the truth equal to the Truth itself.

Renee...hope that made sense.