I found myself once again pulling out my Debi Pearl Helpmeet book. I've read this at least 4x and everytime I learn something new. You see, I was pretty put out with Honey. Ok, I was mad. And....with company here and all there was no time to hash it out.
Oh well, it gave me some time to read and think. Created To Be His Helpmeet is a must-read in my opinion. It is, by far the best marriage book I've ever read. So practical and no matter how offended I think I have a right to be, that book always seems to turn me around and help me see it differently. I'm glad it's in book form and not me talking to Mrs. Pearl in person. For I'm sure she'd say, "Do we really have to go over that one again?"
This morning during our morning meeting I went over the trash bag story with my older kids. They laughed and said "Mom, we talk about this every time you read that book!" And so we do. I want them to get it and not take as long as I do. I can't share the trash bag story here. You really have to read the book.
No comments:
Post a Comment