Monday, July 23, 2007

Boys

There are things about boys that I just love. They are rough and tumble, wild and a little dangerous. They must stomp up the stairs instead of walk and yell when they talk instead of speaking quietly. Anything can transform itself into a weapon and an ordinary rock can be a medal. Dirt is just fine. They have big muscles and like to show them off. Arm farts are hilarious....so are the other kind. They are proud that they can burp louder than you.

Now the truth is that sometimes these things do grate on my feminine nerves but really I love the fact that they are so different from me. I do work on taming some of those things while they're in the house but I love to hear them being boys outside. And I'm glad that homeschooling affords them more time to do that....and to learn to work.

I guess Mayfee Boy was tired of trying to control himself today. When I told him he had free time, he looked at me matter-of-factly and said, "I'm going upstairs to be loud". Well, not as good as going outside but it worked.

No comments: