Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Abraham

I like Abraham. We're reading about him right now in school. I like that God did not hide his short comings from us. Even though he messed up, he was still considered righteous, still called a friend of God.

Today we read the part about sacrificing Isaac. And even though Abraham did not understand and did not know how the promise could still be fulfilled, he followed through to obey in faith. I can relate. Looking at rental properties last night on the internet was sobering. It looks like renting a house will be about $500/mo more than our house payment in AR! Apart from a work of the Lord I do not see how it can be done. But, I've seen Him work lots of times before and I'm curious to see what will happen next.

New news. Honey's sister and her family are moving here too. That will sure be different. Now we will have family situations that we've never had before. An opportunity to grow and learn I guess. This ought to be an interesting year.

No comments: