Sunday, July 02, 2017

Happy July!!

Is it heating up where you are?  The weather is not still not too terribly hot here but I know it's coming!  Everyday is full of outside time in the baby pool, popsicles, and multiple baths.  I've also instituted my weekly BLT night.  You can never have too many BLT nights and fresh tomatoes are THE BEST!  I'm blessed to have sweet friends that share their garden goodness with me.

I'm setting myself some summer goals.  June was full of wedding overwhelm but now that's over and I'm ready to tackle some summery things.  First off.... blog at least 2x week.  Last month I blogged twice.  All month=twice.  But there was a wedding involved and that's my excuse for everything right now.  So here I am blogging already and it's only the 2nd and I'm feeling pretty happy about it.

We have some celebrations this month.  Tues is the 4th and my whole family is off work until Wednesday!!  We are cooking out and having the family over.
We also have 4 July birthdays and this month will be our first ever MONTHLY celebration instead of every single one done individually. I think it'll work out great.  That's my 2nd goal - 5 celebrations

There's actually another celebration I'm super excited about.  My 29th wedding anniversary is the 22nd.  Last year was our first time to take a weekend trip.  It was so fun that we want to do it again.  I don't know where yet but we are talking about it and trying to figure out the logistics of babysitting, and budgets.  That is goal #6



Goal #7 is not as much fun.  This has been an expensive summer in terms of unplanned expenses.
2 weeks ago we spend $1300 on vet bills and car repairs.  Last week our TV went out because as luck would have it, TVs do not like to play frisbee.  Yesterday it was the air conditioner on the rent house.  Now my dishwasher is broken.  OH. MY. WORD.
So goal #7 is all about saving some money.  As I type, my men are watching YouTube videos on dishwasher repair.  That's a good start.



Goal #8 is school.  We are still schooling with a lighter schedule this summer.  I won't be adding a lot of new things for the new school year but I do need to nail down what we'll be doing.  I'll have at least one toddler home all day, possibly more, so a good schedule is a must.
(Aren't they adorable?  And similar?)



Goal #9 ~ lose 10 pounds.  And when I do I'm buying new tennis shoes.

After Laura's wedding, we moved all the kids' bedrooms around.  Everyone is loving their new space.  But with different kids in different rooms, some things need to be changed/fixed/updated.  And there's a list.  So goal #10 includes plugging away at that (and also a 31 day decluttering challenge).

I'm afraid goals #9 & 10 might not line up with goal #7!



No comments: