Sunday, July 09, 2017

My Sunday Schedule

I LOVE Sundays.

There's that little bit of extra time in the morning...not like Saturday, but not like Monday either.  We usually have cereal for breakfast.  This morning we also had orange juice.

I don't set out clothes the night before.  But because we usually stay on top of the laundry, most everything is clean and ready.  All but 3 of my kids can dress themselves.

This morning we had a huge HUGE poopy diaper that required a special shower and clean bedding.  My daughter and I usually tag team getting the little 3 dressed.  All the way to the shoes and diaper bag packed.  Then they play in their room (the holding tank) until it's time to go.

My whole family leaves before I do.  Some of them are on the worship team or serving in some aspect and need to be early.  Others go to Sunday School.  I stay home and get dressed ALL BY MYSELF.  All by myself ya'll.

I either put on praise music or a YouTube video while I get dressed.  I also put the finishing touches on lunch (always tacos) or clean up the kitchen a little.

After church and lunch the littles go down for naps and there's usually a soccer game on TV.  Everyone is quietly happy doing their own thing.  Today a couple of kiddo friends are over and there are extra voices outside.   My man is busy hanging various things in the girls' new room and Joshua is off shooting a new video.

Here's my favorite part.  I'm in my room with the door closed and nobody knocks on it.  Nobody knocks on it!!  I don't even know why.   But I usually have Sunday afternoon in quiet.  Sometimes I nap.  Sometimes I read, plan, blog, or clean my room.  It's absolutely awesome and I feel like I'm observing the Sabbath in a modified way that a mom of 12 can do.

Somewhere around 3:30 the littles start to stir and the rest of the house starts coming together.  Snack time for babies and getting them ready for evening church.  Laney and I are usually the only ones that go but we take the littles and that gives the others a tiny break.

Dinner for the kids is simple.  They will either clean out the fridge of the leftovers, make sandwiches, or something simple like mac&cheese.  Honey and I have DATE NIGHT!

When my parents are gone, we have dinner at their house because it's so nice a quiet.  Plus they have Dish and we don't.  So we can watch a movie ....or Family Feud or My 600 Pound Life or something else ridiculous that we can make fun of.  Sometimes we actually go out on a real date to real place.  But not usually.

By the time we come home, the babies are in bed (thank you Lord!!), the house is picked up (by the kids), and people are moving towards bed.

It's an awesome day.

No comments: