Friday, June 24, 2016

Another Year DONE


VBS 2016 is DONE!  It was not perfect.  But it was wonderful. 



It may not surprise you that I was more than a little interested in the food portion of it. 
Being farm themed, we got lots of fresh fruit and vegetables.  Those were my favorite days. 
But who wouldn't also love these cheese ball carrots and cereal corn cobs? 
So cute! 


And these chicky cupcakes!!  I can't even. 


Speaking of cute!...


So all week long the classes were accumulating points for attendance, bringing Bibles, bringing a friend, tithing, and memorizing Bible verses.  At the end of the week there was a prize for the class with the most points.  


Guess who won.

And guess what? It was my first year ever that I didn't have the worst behaved class. 
I KNOW. 

The only thing I can figure is that there were too many girls.  The boys still outnumbered them, but it was almost equal.  Girls tend to balance it all out.  

I think my kiddos were sad it was over. 
There were a lot of, "This was my favorite church time." 
"I love coming here." 
"This was fun." 

And yes.  Yes it was fun. 


Laney had a brilliant idea.  Let the kids take home their favorite flower to make the clean up easier. 
STROKE. OF. GENIUS.  They took every flower, every leaf, every bee.   And what took days to create was disassembled in a matter of minutes. 

So it's over.  And now comes the part where I dissect the whole week and think of the millions of things I couldn't done better.   And also the part where I wish I could be a bigger and longer-lasting part of their lives.  

Someday SOMEDAY I'm pretty sure I will tackle second grade Sunday School.

No comments: